Kealakehe Parent-Community Center
Located in Kailua-Kona, in the island of Hawaii, a FSSWH Program
The goals of the Center are aimed at assisting parents through strategies supported by research which show that parental involvement leads to academic success for students.
- To increase the knowledge of and confidence of parents in child-rearing activities;
- To strengthen partnerships with parents and professionals in meeting the educational needs of children from birth through high school; and
- To enhance the working relationships between home, school and community agencies.
The Kealakehe Parent-Community Center is located at Kealakehe High School at 74-5000 Puohulihuli Street, Kailua-Kona, and serves the West Hawai'i Complex Schools of Holualoa Elementary, Kealakehe Elementary, Kahakai Elementary, Kealakehe Intermediate and Kealakehe High.
Educational Support & Information About School Programs:
- Hawaii Content Performance Standards
- Help for non-English speaking families
- College information and support
- Training parents on web-based student information system
- School programs available for supplemental services
Educational Support for Parents of Children with Learning Challenges:
- Support & information about special education procedures
- Alternative school and community support information
Family Information Center:
- Brochures, pamphletes and books about parenting teens, health & safety issues and community activities
- Comprehensive information and referral services to community and State resources
- Information about local and Federal Department of Education initiatives (No Child Left Behind)
- Provide transportation for parents to meetings/workshops
- Technical Assistance to Department of Education and the North Kona Schools Complex (5 schools)
Technical Assistance to Department of Education, West Hawaii School Complex (5 schools)
Kealakehe Parent-Community Center is a collaboration between the Kealakehe School Complex, Family Support Services of West Hawaii and supported by the School Community Council (SCC) designed to support the families and community at Kealakehe.
- Family Fun Day (April) in collaboration with Neighborhood Place of Kona and West Hawaii School Complex
- ELL/Migrant Ed Parent/Family Night
- Incoming 9th Graders Orientation/Parent Visitation
- New Student/Parent Orientation
- View Kealakehe Parent-Community Center calendar
View and download more resources in our resource page.