KEY Project Family Community Center
Located in Kaneohe, in the island of Oahu, a KEY PROJECT Program
The goals of the Center are aimed at assisting parents through strategies supported by research which show that parental involvement leads to academic success for students.
- To increase the knowledge of and confidence of parents in child-rearing activities;
- To strengthen partnerships with parents and professionals in meeting the educational needs of children from birth through high school; and
- To enhance the working relationships between home, school and community agencies.
The KEY Project Family Community Center is located at 47-2800 Waihee Road in Kaneohe and serves Kahalu'u School and Kahalu'u community.
The KEY Project PIRC Program works directly with Title I School Kahalu`u Elementary and the Windward Community. Our workshops and activities include; parenting classes, parent workshops, tutoring, computer literacy, career assessments, college planning and Kindergarten transition activities.
The KEY Project partners with other community agencies such as Kahalu`u Elementary School, Kamehameha Schools, Tutu and Me, Windward School for Adults, H-CAP, Castle High School, Community Works 96744, Kuder, It's all About Kids, Lanakila Na Pua O Ko`olau Seniors Program, and Huki Like Community Group.
- Aloha Aina Recycling Day
- Summer Culture Heritage Program
- 1st Night Before School Family Night
- 1st Day of School for Kahalu`u School
- Kahalu`u School Kinder Kamp
- Ohana Festival
- Randy Kalahiki Kalua Turkey Scholorship Program
- View KEY Project Family Community Center calendar
View and download more resources in our resource page.